THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wasnt Meant To Be..

Now I can finally say what I was biting my tongue for the past 2 months!

I was offered a GREAT, once in a life time opportunity! It was totally unexpected and I have never even dreamt would happen to me!

One of my ex clients from the market research industry called me a month ago. She was soooo impressed by my work, she offered me a job.

I was floored!

You may think, ya, so what? Another job offer, right? WRONG! There was nothing ordinary about it.

This was what was offered to me:
- The company is in Rome, ITALY
- Head of Outsource Projects - South East Asia
- Five figure salary per MONTH IN EURO!
- I have my own team of high profile executives working for me
- I will be travellling around the world
- Accomodation: A villa - fully paid for by the company
- Transportation: Any car of my choice - fuel fully covered by the company
- Medical: Fully covered + husband and mother and that is inclusive of Dental
- Grooming allowance: EURO1,000 - given every 2 months
- My own company credit card
- They will fully cover all moving fees and issues
- Other small and standard benefits.

Great isnt it?

Even with an extravagant and generous offer like that, it took me a full month to even mention it to anyone. Why? I was afraid.

I was afraid it was all a dream. I was afraid with this great offer, something really horrible would happen after. I was afraid of uprooting myself out of my comfort zone.

But when she called me again, and asked me to rethink it again, I decided to tell Rizal. I also told Sita.

Both of them was gaping with shock and was quite piss that it took me so long to tell them, especially Rizal. I dont blame them, but I got my reasons.

After much discussion with Rizal, he gave me confidence and made me see what a great life changing opportunity this is for me! Before I didnt allow myself to think and hope about this unbelievable offer - but now..... I WANT IT!!

I gave my resume and waited. That was the biggest torture ever! Then an assignment was given to me - to see my work I was given a week to finish it. I had it done within a night! Next step is the big bosses will call me for a phone interview.

There is only 3 people was shorlisted for this position, including myself. And I was the only woman, Asian and the youngest.

The other 2 were very experienced and influencial men in this field. *sigh* I had a very heavy and bad feeling when she told me that. I know my chances of getting this job is freakingly low now!!

Then she dropped the bomb that one the guys dropped out. So its between me and this 50+ year old dude!

OH MY GOD! Now there is a fifty-fifty chances of getting it! I was sooooo excited and scared at the same time!

Then a few days after that, my whole world crashed down on me when she called and told me the bosses have decided to take the other dude! She was soooo furious because they did not even gave me a chance to prove myself via the phone interview!

I was totally crushed!! I cried to Sita. I cried ....hard! This was THE big break, or so I thought! When I saw Rizal, I cried even harder! HE keep saying its their loss! But how come I feel like its mine?!!

After cooling down, I gathered myself up - coz I have to go off for my roadtrip to Sg Petani, Kedah.

*SIGH*

I guess it wasnt meant to be...

0 comments: