THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

" Malay Boleh! "




I am Malay.



I am proud to be Malay.



I am intelligent, independent, confident and hardworking Malay.



In my working experience of more than 10 years, I have accomplished things almost 95% on my own. I did not use my 'privileges' to get what I want. I use the old fashion way - earning it myself.



Do you know why I don't use those special 'hand outs'? Because I perceive it as an insult not only to my intelligence and integrity, but also to the very principles that my parents have planted in me for so long.



I have observed how our friends of other races have excelled in whatever field they put their mind into. And all without any special treatments. I take it as a personal challenge for me to succeed on my own accord. So that I am able to take full credit for my achievements!



I may not be one of the most successful Malays. But I am proud of who and what I am now and continue to strive for higher goals. I do not want to settle like most of my kind would and stay under a rock with a dead end job for the next 25 years!



In my opinion, there are two types of Malays. The first is the Malay: highly educated professionals that have good strong principles, open minded and high level of self confidence and always wants the best. And they do it all on their own merit. They blend well with everyone and are respectful of other races, religions, cultures and opinions. They also often use simple common sense, which is uncommonly used by others.



The other type is the Melayu: they are also educated, some are in the professional line and they too always want the best. The only difference is how they achieve it all. They rely on 'special privileges', short cuts, never own up for any wrong doings and always blame others for it. They are extremely narrow minded and narcissist. They are usually in the 'herd mentality' more than a leader.



Anyone can change. No matter how old or young you are. Its just a matter if you want to stay in a rut or take a risk and be an outstanding individual.



I know I have rattled some cages by writing about this. But I am sick and tired of the Melayus speaking and deciding on my behalf about getting rid of Malay rights. I think its is long overdue!



I am very confident that Malays now are more independent and intelligent to succeed on their own. And I am outraged that some Melayus think that we still need it!



No more special privileges and treatments!



No more special hand outs or spoon feedings!



Just say NO!



Malay Boleh!






0 comments: