THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Faded Freinds

I know a lot people can relate when I say that there are these unfortunate type of friends that fade away if they are not sincere and serious in building that special bond with you from that very first handshake.

These 'Faded Friends' are the ones that when they first met you, were so friendly and likes almost everything you like that its just plain creepy! The intensity is high but in a very short time. Like fireworks, when it stops, there's nothing there but an empty black sky.

I have been through my share of this lot. They say they are your friend, and will never forget you or nothing will ever change your friendship with them. Yeah, right! The hypocrites!

Its so exasperating when people say things they don't mean. And due to that, will give false hopes to those who actually like them. Damn! Now that's a big mistake!

And on top of that, they give really lame and stupid excuses! As if we were born an hour ago! If you don't want to be my friend anymore, just tell me to my face. We're all adults and should act like one.

One very good example of weak excuses, is always saying they are busy. Where in fact, they just don't want to hang around with you anymore and more time with their 'boyfriend'. But when their precious boyfriend cheats or dumps them, then all of a sudden they have time for you. Time for you to hear their sob stories and use your shoulder to cry on. Look, don't get me wrong, I don't mind that. Its just that these FF (faded friends) is just using me as an outlet. And the fool that I am, I always give in. I don't have the heart to reject them at their time of need. But the sick part is, when they have found a new love interest, you're back on that dark, dusty shelf.

So, I have learned to just not get them under my skin so much. I have learned to not care so much. Thanks to my dear hubby.

But I feel sad whenever I remember these 'Faded Friends'. They have become very dear to me. Oh, well. Life goes on. And I know its more of a loss for them than it is for me.

Note to FF: You know who you are. To quote Rachel from Friends (ironically!), 'I AM OVER YOU.." (my closure la!)

0 comments: