THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 18, 2009

At long last...


At long last.

After 13 years of working, I am finally recognised.

After so long of enduring moronic bosses, doing all their work and I having to bite my tongue when they get all the credit, and not to mention getting a lowsy pay, at last, now my work is noticed and recognised.

I am blessed having to work with smart, open minded bosses that truly values employees that are unique, creative and opinionated. And I am so happy that when they told me that they practice performance based KPI. At first I was skeptical as I have heard that phrased being misused by so many companies before. But I was assured the first 2 months I worked here.

I first joined the company as Business Executive. Then after working my ass off, they promoted me to Senior Marketing Executive. Mind you, I was still under probation. So, it was totally understandable for them to extend it for another month to evaluate me in this new job title and description.

So, when time is up and its time to confirm me, things were quiet. I grew anxious and start to reflect all that I have done. Was it good enough?

Then morning of Friday, 17th April 2009, at Naza Hotel Melaka, while smoking, H casually told me that he has bad news. He said he cant confirm me. I was upset and quickly asked why. He said after much deliberation from the HODs, they have decided that I am not suited to be Senior Marketing Executive, but as Assistant Manager!!

I was speechless!! And I was all teary and smiling like a bloody idiot! Hahahahah!!

Rizal and Sita was there too. Sita was smiling and hugged me and congratulated me. Rizal on the other hand just casually smile and with "I knew already la" look! F* him la! Hahahahahha...

I was so fucken happy, there are no words that could describe it!

It felt so good to hear your bosses proudly call you Assistant Manager for the first time in front of people. I felt so appreciated and proud of my self.

I called my Mum and told her the great news. I thanked her for all of her prayers. She was so happy and proud of me that she cried. She even later, prayed and thanked God for this blessing.

I just wished my Dad was here. I wished he was here to witness me finally being recognised and be someone. I Miss and Love you so much, Dad.

And definitely not forgetting the love of my life, my soul mate and best friend, Rizal. Thank you so much for all your support, advice and guidance. Love you, sayang.

Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah.... Amin.

0 comments: